Are you looking for a home use chainsaw that is not too expensive or hard to handle? You have come to the final comparison between Echo CS 310 vs Husqvarna 240 but do not know which is the best for your needs.
Each chainsaw has its advantages and disadvantages and is suitable for different works depending on the owner.
In this article, we will list out all of the clutter and go into all the specifics to make the correct buying decision.
Let’s stroll out to discover more detail about these two promising chainsaws.
Here Is A Quick Comparison Chart:
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change.
On This Page
- Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 240 In Comparison
- PROS & CONS Of Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 240
- Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 240: Frequently Asked Questions
Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 240 In Comparison
The best chainsaw is the one that has some suitable features that facilitate the owner’s needs.
These two machines are all gasoline-powered types, which means they have capability more than that of an electronic type.
You do not always need a big chainsaw around. Instead, determine what you are going to do with your saw is more important.
If you want to cut oak firewood strings, go to one of the big and professional ones.
But if your smaller tasks, do not feel ashamed of choosing the right weapon for your job.
Lighter chainsaws are more closely regulated than heavier ones can just not.
What do you need to consider before deciding to buy a home saw?
- Way of using: Different types of machines are manufactured for various uses and needs. Some people only do light jobs such as cutting firewood, while others need to do harder jobs like cutting tree logs.
- Experience: It is advisable to choose a chainsaw based on your experience. If you are a newbie, just pick the lighter and smaller ones.
- Safety: Always go for the ones that have enough safety features
- Level of noise and vibration: Normally, a loud chainsaw vibrates so much. These two factors are mutually complementary. You should use gloves and ear protection aids anytime you want to operate it.
- Cost: Sometimes the most expensive ones are not the most suitable also safest. Do some researches before purchasing and pick the right saw for the right job. Remember, the more expensive is not always the better.
1. Key features
- Price from: $210.09
- No batteries required
- Dimensions: 39.50 x 11.50 x 12.20 inches
- Item weight: 8.80 lbs
- Power source: Gasoline-powered
- Bar length: 14 inches
- Engine displacement: 30.5 cc
- Anti-vibration handle: Yes
- Country of origin: Japan
- Price from: $279.99
- No batteries required
- Dimensions: 32.00 x 11.00 x 9.5 inches
- Item weight: 10.3 lbs
- Power source: Gasoline-powered
- Bar length: 16 inches
- Engine displacement: 38.2 cc
- Anti-vibration handle: Yes
- Country of origin: Sweden
2. Easy to use
Both engines are lightweight but still can rip through lofts while keeping fuel efficiency.
For fast ignition, Echo uses an i30 starting system and took 4 attempts to start with just one pull of the cord for the first time out of the box.
This is fine, but the Husqvarna only took three attempts.
At high speeds, the Echo chainsaw slices the logs on average less than five seconds per cut.
Although the cutting speed was not as fast as expected, this does not matter very much.
Its noise level however reached nearly 90 decibels. Thus, while operating, you should wear ear protection gear.
One bonus for the Echo one is that its chain catcher has a projection intended to hold the right hand of the user from the hit from an unexpected broken or derailed chainsaw.
The downside is how quickly the chain to loosen.
Regardless of how well we have adjusted, they would get loosen up all the time. On the positive side, though, we find that it is very easy to modify the chain.
You only have to loosen the two bolts and adjust the chain tensioner crew to tighten the chain.
Long term review of the Echo CS 310:
It is very easy to see that between Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 24, the second one has a bit stronger engine than its counterpart. It also has a standardized 14-inch bar, too.
In terms of startup and safety kit, there is nothing much different than the Echo.
The manufacturer of Husqvarna sticks an instruction label right on the handle on how to kickstart the saw which is not necessary but still gain appreciated.
Talking about functionality, this Husqvarna chainsaw has an external clutch cover, which is a design to offer a stronger balancing of the saw.
Since being provided a more powerful engine, it undoubtedly has more strength than the CS 310, and the chain does not come loose as often is a plus.
However, the chain is quite harder to change and straighten than the CS 310.
A little bit inconvenient about the Husqvarna 240 is that you have to take the cover off when you need to loosen the screw.
Since getting a 38.2 cc, its noise level is rated at 100.7 dB which is quite high and can cause ear damage.
How to use the Husqvarna 240:
Some reviews on Amazon complained that the Echo CS 310 is not strong enough for very hard works, but it is ideal for small or medium jobs.
Another customer noted difficulties with the warranty when the saw crashed, so be mindful of this.
The Husqvarna has an advantage in fuel efficiency and chain bar length choices.
Being equipped with X-Torq technology, Husqvarna chainsaw optimizes fuel consumption and eliminates poisonous fumes output.
This technology also allows a stop control that lessens the risk of oil flooding.
A centrifugal cleaning system for air injection is also available.
This helps eliminate big particles from the air filter until they are hit.
This ensures, in fact, that the filter can remain cleaner longer, which reduces the washing time.
An inconvenience is that the oil tank does not have a window, thus the oil levels are hard to determine.
Therefore, you have to check and fill up the tank before use and keep a careful eye on the bar and chain to ensure the chain is well lubricated each using time.
The Echo, though, offers around 3000 rpm more of engine speed and holds considerable fuel power for extended use between refilling.
Nevertheless, the manufacturer has not solved the oil flooding yet, it leaks oil easily when stored for long periods.
The reason why Echo models do not come with many accessories is that they have their own replacement and repair specialty service.
Echo Chainsaw CS-310 parts and chain replacement are available on large home improvement stores and licensed dealers, which raise the odds of a correct repair right from the first time, as opposed to multiple trips to your home improvement store for new parts.
More and more manufacturers care about keeping all the debris and dirt clean away from the air filter of their machines.
This means that the air filter can operate without being washed for a longer time.
It lowers the maintenance costs and gives the engine a longer operating life.
4. Weight, size, & price
The plastic and aluminum shell of the Echo CS 310 weighs just 8 pounds (dry weight) and 10.3 lbs with a full tank of fuel, given by the 30 cc motor.
These materials can bend if they are strained, but the saw is light and handling easily. Husqvarna 240 is a little bit heavier than the Echo.
The operating weight of the 240 is 10.3 lbs and the cutting equipment will raise the weight by 1.5 to 2 lbs so that the average working weight is less than 13 lbs before fuel and oil.
For a gasoline-powered chainsaw, this is very light.
So, how much does a Husqvarna 240 chainsaw cost?
These two chainsaws have very competitive prices, particularly considering what it can deliver and its solid build construction.
The price of Echo Chainsaw CS-310 is also the best value of this class available on the market today, more than $70 cheaper than the compared one.
PROS & CONS Of Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 240
1. ECHO CS 310
- Ideal for light moderately sized works.
- It promises high efficiency, guaranteeing that you can use it for a long time without any signs of damage. Home wood projects can be quickly sliced through and designed to last so that you can assume a high degree of durability.
- It is quick to start and stop, even though you repeat it frequently when cutting trees without facing any difficulties during the process.
- The chain tension and oil systems can function well when it is in use. Thus, it would not be tough to maintain.
- Preferable for most homeowners and amateurs. It is very easy to use and thus good for new entrants. However, you should bear in mind that even though this saw is lightweight, it still has power and torque, so do not be tempted to use it as a toy.
- For the experts, these characteristics also benefit them to work without worrying or exhaustion all day long.
- It is very easy to find replacement parts and repairs from large home improvement stores and licensed dealers.
- Its anti-vibration handle also helps to minimize operator fatigue during use.
- Sometimes you may experience some small failures, such as the breaking off of the rear handle or the loosening of the chain. It could be more complicated for you to operate it in cold weather.
- It is also reported to leak oil for a longer period of time while you leave it idle, so do not be too surprised.
- The air filter and spark plugs of the Echo CS 310 chainsaw are hard to reach.
- The uneven weight distribution makes it difficult to balance the whole machine while working.
- The air injection is equipped to prevent dust and debris from getting to the air filter.
- It is manufactured with X-torq technology. This helps to mitigate air emissions while increasing the torque output and optimizing power. Husqvarna guarantees those motors can help to minimize exhaust pollution of the chainsaw by up to 60%. X-torq technology has proved its performance in reducing toxic fumes production.
- Similar to the Echo counterpart, the Husqvarna 240 has an anti-vibration design. The vibrating motor of the chainsaw is separated with springs from its handle.
- The choke stop controls help to reduce the risks of engine flooding from the junction.
- On the side of the engine, there is a small hole from which air escapes. This removes air from the carburetor and other parts of the fuel tank, making it easy to start the chainsaw.
- In comparison with the Echo CS 310, Husqvarna 240 is reported to have more powerful performance and more fuel efficiency.
- When turned on, the noise level can reach up to more than 100 dB.
- It is not suitable for substantial cutting projects.
- Many consumers complained that this is actually quite difficult to start.
- It is difficult to check the oil level.
To sum up, the Husqvarna 240 offers the right price and quality combination for homeowners and other log cutters.
It is easy to use, and any time you want to use your chainsaw, there is no problem with starting the power. Since designed for home works, this is outstanding in cutting and pruning trees.
In addition, the chain is portable therefore you can use any bar that measures 13 to 16 inches from the manufacturer for each different size of the log.
The Husqvarna 240 may be the one you were looking for if you need a safe saw for your woodwork. It comes with a bar cover for you to get a full guard.
It is also designed to minimize kickbacks and even though it is upside down you can still use it.
Its shock absorbers and anti-vibration function make your work as smooth as possible.
Given their performance, durability, and ease of use, a better product than the Husqvarna 240 could not be found.
Echo CS 310 Vs Husqvarna 240: Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Start Echo Chainsaw CS 310?
Follow these steps to start an Echo CS 310:
- Put a mixture of engine oil and gas into the fuel tank.
- Cap out the oil tank of the chain bar. Remove and replace an oil tank cap by filling the oil tank with the bar and chain oil.
- Put the chainsaw on firm ground. Find the ignition button on the back of the engine and throttle. Turn the switch up and put it “Run” spot.
- Push your thumb on the soft rubber purge pump bulb (right of the back of the rear handle) three to four times until you see a sign of gas inside the bulb. Take off the engine’s choke control knob (the choke is under the purge pump).
- Place a hand on the stationary handle while fastly remove the starter handle from the motor. It takes three or four times pulling for the engine to be attempted.
- Return the choke control knob to the motor. Reposition your hands on the chainsaw and pull the starting handle again to power the engine. Raise the saw carefully with both hands and press then release the rear button for the idle throat lock.
- Switch the warm Echo engine back by pressing the brake to the bar tip: Turn on the “Run” position of the ignition switch. Put the saw on the ground again and pull the starter handle. When you hear the engine start idling, push, and unlock the trigger automatically.
2. How To Start Husqvarna 240 Chainsaw?
These are the basic starting instructions for Husqvarna 240 chainsaw:
- Active the brake (the chain brake must always be activated before starting, if not, the chain may rotate).
- Press the decompression monitor
- Active the choke. Press the fuel pump bulb several times until you see the fuel is visible inside the bulb.
- Starting on the ground: Place your right foot on the back handle and hold your left hand tightly on the front handle.
- If starting between your legs: Position the rear handle between your thighs and right knee. Keep your left hand firmly on the front handle.
- Pull your right hand on the starter handle. Repeat until you hear the motor fires.
- Press and pull the choke until the saw is activated.
- Speed up and then release the chain brake.
- Start a warm engine: Follow the aforementioned guidelines, but skip the choke points. Using half throttle when the engine is difficult to begin. Activate completely the coke and then reverse the control to access the half throttle function.
3. What Is The Biggest Bar I Can Put On My Husqvarna 240 Chainsaw?
Since the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw originally has a 0.325 pitch chain, it is advisable to run a 14-inch bar. Longer blades will cause great power loss.
The loading of this machine would allow you to fit up to a 16-inch bar, due to power and chain oil pump capacity.
For further information, the longest bar for the Echo CS 130 is also the 16-inch type.
4. Where Can I Find The Husqvarna 240 Chain Replacement?
You can find the parts you want to replace on Amazon.
However, before purchasing, search on the handy guide of the manufacturer to find the correct replacement parts based on your model
5. My Echo CS 310 Has No Spark. How To Fix This?
Firstly, change your Echo CS 310 Spark Plug.
This element requires to be repaired periodically, if not, your 310 won’t start.
If this does not work, use a meter to validate that the spark plug wire emits electric pulses.
If that is not the case, you will have to continue further up from the line to the coil.
When taking into consideration, we want to say that both chainsaws are really good and decent. However, if we were to summarize it for only one decision, we would pick the Echo CS 310 since it is preferable overall. It is light, does not drain so much endurance, and is easy to maneuver.
On the contrary, go for the Husqvarna 240 if you have many large trees which have to be axed down. It packages more strength and a stronger chain.
It may be a little heavier, but since cutting down large logs need simple straight-line movements, maneuverability would not be so much hampered.
Hopefully, our information has helped you to get through the confusion of choosing between Echo CS 310 vs Husqvarna 240. Please remember to follow the proper safety standards and wear all the required PPE when using these machines.